Holiday Place Cards
Materials and Tools:
patterned card stock or heavy-weight paper
red card stock or heavy weight paper
green card stock or heavy weight paper
small envelope (such as a florist's envelope) to be used as a stencil
1/2-inch ribbon, in colors to coordinate with patterned paper
colored pens for adding holiday message
decorative holiday stickers
rectangle hole punch
1. Open a small envelope, such as a florist's envelope, to create a stencil. Trace this stencil onto the back of the patterned paper.
2. Cut out along the traced lines with pinking shears, to create a decorative edge.
Once again referencing the florist's envelope as a pattern, fold patterned paper envelope on crease lines and glue together with glue dots.
3. Using rectangular hole punch, punch hole through bottom edge or envelope's top flap.
Feed ribbon through punched hole and knot off at top, leaving enough ribbon to create a hanger which could be used for hanging completed card on Christmas tree or back of guests' chair.
4. From the solid colored paper, cut a card to fit inside envelope. In a contrasting color, cut a second smaller rectangle; center and attach smaller card to larger card with glue dots.
5. Embellish card by adding a holiday-themed sticker to one side. Add recipient's name and a warm, personal note to each card.
6. Tie 1/4-inch ribbon around middle of envelope, tie bow a bit off center. Secure ribbon in place with a few glue dots.
7. Hang place card on the back of each guest's chair or set one card at each place setting. For a fun touch, surround each place card with holiday greenery or brightly wrapped chocolates.