How to Make a DIY Forest Mobile
Learn to make this fun and easy holiday DIY from Prefit Magazine.
Countdown to Christmas
Ben Goldstein/Studio D
- Click here to download tree shapes in three different sizes.
- Cut out the templates and trace onto sheets of wood veneer.
- Cut out the trees using a crafts knife and a ruler.
- Paint half of them different shades of green, leaving the other half unpainted. Let dry.
- Make a hole at the top of each with a small nail, then thread monofilament string through each tree.
- Paint the inside of a basket hoop green, let dry, and hang the trees from the hoop.
Wood Veneer: 12" x 12" wood veneer sheets in cherry, walnut, and maple finishes, from $10 each for a pack of 3, rockler.com; Hoop: ¾"H x 10"-diameter wood hoop, $6, basketmakers catalog.com; Paint: Classic Green and Bright Green, both by FolkArt; Snow Pea by Martha Stewart