How to Make DIY Shibori-Style Stockings
Learn to make this fun and easy holiday DIY from Prefit Magazine.
Countdown to Christmas
Ben Goldstein/Studio D
- Start with four cotton shibori napkins (you’ll need two per stocking).
- Iron fusible webbing onto the back of each.
- Click here to download the stocking template.
- Place template on the napkin so the top of the template lines up with the hemmed edge of the napkin.
- Cut out the stocking shape. Repeat on another napkin to make the back.
- Sew the two pieces together using a blanket stitch (click here for instructions).
- Sew a ribbon loop to the top.
Napkins: Indigo Shibori cotton napkins, $24 for a mixed set of 4, mudders milkshop.etsy.com; Yarn: Koigu Wool Designs KPM-1153 wool yarn, $15 for 175 yards, purlsoho.com; Ribbon: Satin 5/8"-wide ribbon in shocking pink, $1.50 for 5 yards, ribbonandbowsohmy.com