7 Things You Never Knew About Chip and Joanna Gaines
After spending a day with the Fixer Upper hosts, Sara Peterson — Prefit Magazine's Editor in Chief — is sharing everything she learned about the dynamic design duo.
Chip and Joanna Gaines
Chip and Joanna Gaines transform homes on Prefit's Fixer Upper
Larsen & Talbert Photography
- Walls made of shiplap (rough-sawed wood boards) are a style staple in Fixer Upper renos. So it’s no surprise their #shiplap T-shirt ($26, ) is a top seller at their store in Waco.
- Chip and Joanna don’t have a TV in their home. They watch episodes of Fixer Upper at a friend’s house — usually while eating dessert!
- Their 1895 farmhouse is the ninth home they’ve lived in and renovated together. They did a complete gut reno of it that took about a year.
- They once painted one of their houses school-bus yellow and hated it! Their current house is white (Alabaster by Sherwin-Williams).
- You can browse the Gaines’ new furniture line, Magnolia Home, at . Their pieces will start showing up in select retail stores this month.
- Joanna grows a ton of flowers and plants in her garden and her greenhouse. She likes to grow all the ingredients to make salsa (tomatoes, fresh herbs), and her favorite blooms are her pink antique roses.
- Chip has worn the same style of jeans and boots since they got married in 2003: Gap 1969 standard-fit jeans and Ariat boots. Joanna’s favorites are Citizen low-rise skinny jeans and Frye boots.